If you’re a fan of lifelong learning, storytelling, and intellectual badassery, please check out my new podcast! In this introductory episode of the Southern Fried Scholar, I invite listeners to celebrate lifelong learning, creativity, story… and podcasts.
- Freakonomics Radio: This is Your Brain on Podcasts (episode )
- Natural speech reveals the semantic maps that tile human cerebral cortex (study by the Gallant Lab at UC Berkeley)
- Academics can change the world – if they stop talking only to their peers (article by Dr. Savo Heleta)
- What is lifelong learning? This is a great overview from infed.org (the informal education encyclopedia)
- Learn more about meta-learning from Jay Cross
- This is a great overview of participatory culture, a theory developed by Henry Jenkins
- And if you want to geek out on learning theory, read about Connectivism: A Learning Theory for the Digital Age
Want to submit a question, send a message, or be a guest on the Southern Fried Scholar podcast? Contact me here.
Southern Fried Scholar by Dr. Kelly Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.