In this episode, we explore the ethics of podcasting, the power of narration, fairy tales, the love of reading, curiosity, and empathy.
- Creative Commons Podcasting Guide
- The Dark Morality of Fairy-Tale Animal Brides by Sophie Gilbert
- Till We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis
- The Blue Fairy Book by Andrew Lang
- The Annotated Classic Fairy Tales by Maria Tartar
- Breezes from Wonderland: Maria Tatar’s Forum for Storytelling, Folklore, and Children’s Literature
- A History of Reading by Albert Manuel
- Can Reading a Fictional Story Make You More Empathetic? by Christopher Bergland (Psychology Today)
- Neil Gaiman: Why our future depends on libraries, reading and daydreaming
- Brene Brown’s TED Talk: The Power of Vulnerability
- Brene Brown: Researcher + Storyteller
- Jed Bartlet is My President podcast by Lani Diane Rich
- Nan Reinhardt, Author
Want to submit a question, send a message, or be a guest on the Southern Fried Scholar podcast? Contact me here.
Southern Fried Scholar by Dr. Kelly Jones is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.